Monday, July 27, 2009

WOOOOAAAHHH We're half way therrrreee...

We arrived in Anchorage at about 10:30 am local time today! We are stumbling along on 2 hours of sleep. We are feeling a little bit rummy in fact. If this post seems a bit convoluted and disjointed you will know just why.

This last week was a total blurr. Paul picked up my dad from the airport at 2:30 am Tuesday. On Wednesday I sent another 5 boxes to Deering bringing our shipping total to 17 boxes. My sisters joined in on the fun. We were fortunate to have so much help from our families. Paul and my Dad worked all day Friday on our property in the foothills of Mt. Spokane. We finished the day off with a farewell BBQ at my grandparent's. On Saturday I sent...yes...another 10 boxes. We celebrated Eloise's first birthday. On Sunday we hit the ground running again: Church, MORE PACKING, MORE MOVING, etc.

We finally said our goodbyes to our families. We got back to our house at about 10:30 pm. That was certainly hard. Our first home was empty and bare. What used to be cozy was stark and lifeless. I cried as I recalled to memory so many life changing events and ordinary occurences. I walked through the rooms once filled with those objects that symbolize our life. I was especially alive with the feeling about being a new mom a year ago. I remember those feedings in the middle of the night when the soft glow of morning came through the curtains. Those mile stones that took place within those walls tugged mightily at my heart. I know that a house is a lifeless building, but when it is the backdrop for the high and lows of life it becomes so much more.

We stayed in a hotel our last night in town. It made life easier in so many ways. We arrived at the airport at 5 am. My mom and sister were there to see us off. They were a great deal of help. They stood by bags and played with Eloise.

Though this is a HUGE change, I was elated to be with my two FAVORITE people: Paul and Eloise. We are off on the adventure of life time. We will be in Anchorage until Wednesday morning. We fly to Kotzebue early in the morning, spend the day there, and then puddle-jump to Deering in the early evening.

Please pray for the rest of our travels. Please pray for efficiency while we are in Anchorage. We love you and miss you each already. Please stay in comments, email, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you made it to Alaska - I hope the remainder of the trip was safe and that you are glad to be there! You are missing more heat here in Spk! I already miss you greatly and can't imagine my life in Spk without you - especially once school starts! Love to you all and you will be in my prayers throughout the year!